Healthy Superfood Breakfast Cookies
These superfood breakfast cookies are packed with nutrient rich ingredients like goji berries and chia seeds. Cookies that are delicious and good for you!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 24 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup goji berries (see note 1)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup almonds roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave, honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 2 large eggs beaten
Preheat your oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, stir all your dry ingredients. Then add all your wet ingredients and stir until thoroughly moist and combined (see note 2).
Drop by the tablespoonful into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (see note 3) and flatten slightly with a fork (the cookies will not spread).
Bake for 10-15 minutes until light golden brown and firm. Cool in the pan for 2-3 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- You can substitute any of these ingredients with your favourite things, or whatever is available. For example, if you don't have goji berries or almonds, you can use dried cranberries or pecans.
- You want to make sure to stir thoroughly so that everything is evenly and completely moist.
- You can use a cookie scoop or a spoon and just roll the cookies using your hands. Just make sure to pack them into a tight ball.
Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 79mg | Potassium: 113mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 0.4% | Calcium: 2.2% | Iron: 4.4%