How to Make the Ultimate Nachos
The ultimate nachos: tacos ground beef, served with fresh Pico de Gallo and drizzled with chipotle cream. We haven’t even talked about the whole toppings shebang yet. Delicious.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 12 people
For the Pico de Gallo:
- 3 cups seeded and diced plum tomatoes about 4 medium sized tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeño about 1 large jalapeño
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro about 1/2 bunch
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion about half an onion
- Juice from 1 regular-sized lime
- Salt to taste
For the Chipotle Cream:
- 2 pcs chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
For the Taco Beef:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup red kidney beans we used canned
- 1 1-oz package taco seasoning
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 13-oz bag tortilla chips
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 regular sized green bell pepper diced
- 1 regular sized avocado diced
- 1 regular sized jalapeño sliced
For the Taco Beef:
Put the 1 pound ground beef in a skillet on medium heat until it turns brown (approximately 7-8 minutes).
Add the cup of kidney beans and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the taco seasoning and follow the instructions on the package. Set aside.
Mix all your cheese in a bowl.
Assemble your nachos in layers (see video): 1 - half your tortilla chips 2 - half your cooked beef 3 - half your mixed cheese and 4 - half your black olives. Repeat using the other half of your ingredients.
Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with green peppers, avocados, and fresh Pico de Gallo. Top with jalapeño slices and drizzle with chipotle cream.
Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 560mg | Potassium: 417mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 17.7% | Vitamin C: 19.6% | Calcium: 41.1% | Iron: 10.8%