Cookie butter blondies that will blow you away! Moist, chewy, and filled with the unique and mouth-watering cookie butter taste you love.
(Fan of cookie butter? Make this no-bake cookie butter pie. It’s so good!)
Just like the jar says – you have to taste it to understand cookie butter. I don’t quite know how to describe it – it’s kind of like a marriage between peanut butter and caramel that tastes like gingerbread and butter cookies.
What I do know is that these cookie butter blondies are to-die for. They are so good that before you know it, you’ve eaten several slices.
And they go straight to your thighs.
That makes them evil (so beware).
But you know what? Totally worth it.
Penotti and Biscoff are more widely available here in Canada but our favourite brand is Speculoos from Trader Joe’s. We love it so much it’s one of the things we
hoardkeep a zombie apocalypse stockpile of buy a lot of when we cross the border.
We typically eat it with pancakes and waffles (eating it directly from the jar with a spoon is a given). Red eats it with a banana.
I’ve used it as filling and frosting for cupcakes a few times. So I thought it would most likely work really well incorporated in a brownie or a cheesecake too.
What is a blondie?
In case you don’t know what a blondie is (I know I didn’t; I had to Google what it was when I found this recipe) – they are, technically, butterscotch-flavored brownies (and both brownies and blondies fall under the category of bars).
Could cookie butter be a kind of butterscotch then? The mystery (or maybe just my confusion) deepens.
Ah well. Just bake these blondies and enjoy.
Cookie butter blondies recipe
So the recipe testing begins. And this cookie butter blondie recipe results in a bar that’s just as I imagined it would be – moist, chewy and with cookie butter goodness oozing from every bite.
The white chocolate chips add texture and a very distinct flavour that pairs perfectly with that awesome cookie butter taste. It’s very easy to make too. No electric mixer required.
1. PREP. First you want to preheat your oven to 350F. Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. WHISK AND COMBINE. Then you want to whisk your ingredients until combined. Fold your white chocolate chips last. Note that your batter will be very thick.
3. BAKE. Transfer the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or just when they are beginning to brown at the edges and peel away from the sides of the pan. It’s important not to over bake these blondies.
These cookie butter blondies are perfect with tea, for bake sales, as a snack, as a reward at the end of a workday.
Check out the video to see how quick and easy it is to make these. Enjoy! We can exercise later.
Soft and Chewy Cookie Butter Blondies
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 pc large egg room temperature
- 1 pc egg yolk from a large egg room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup cookie butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup flour, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ⅛ teaspoon baking soda and ½ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir ¾ cup brown sugar and 5 tablespoons melted butter until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk the egg and egg yolk together and stir into the butter mixture. Then add 1 teaspoon vanilla and ½ cup cookie butter. Stir until smooth and no big lumps remain.
- Using a spatula, fold your flour mixture into your cookie butter mixture a third at a time. Do not over mix.
- Fold in 1 cup white chocolate chips. The batter is going to be thick. This is OK.
- Transfer and evenly spread the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or just when they are beginning to brown at the edges and peel away from the sides of the pan. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Nutritional information are estimates only.
Are you a fan of Trader Joe’s too? Here are Chewy Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies using their Pound Plus Dark Chocolate.
If peanut butter is more up your alley, here are treats for you:
Grab and go breakfast that tastes like dessert? Yes, please! Chocolate peanut butter overnight oats is a great way to start the day.
If you like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, you would love these peanut butter fig bars. Soft, chewy and bursting with flavours from childhood.
Did you make these cookie butter blondies? Tell me about it in the comments section below. I’d love to hear all about it.
And let’s get social! Find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
My son can eat a jar of TJ cookie butter by himself so he was ectstatic when he came home to these one day. It’s a tad too sweet for me but according to him they are delicious and thats what matters though next time I may need to cut down on the sugar.. Thank you for the recipe.
You’re welcome Odette! Glad your son liked them 🙂
This is delicious! I over baked mine the edges were a little tough so I will bake them for less time next time. And less white chocolate chips too they were on the sweet side for the husband.
Glad you liked them Laura! I sometimes overbake these too so I tend to watch them like a hawk 🙂
I’ve never tasted cookie butter — I’ve been afraid to since I would end up eating it right out of the jar. Nutella is bad enough but this would be much worse. Your blondies look absolutely irresistible. I’ll have to make up a batch once I get home.