Love cookie butter? Then these cookie butter blondies will blow you away. They are moist, chewy, and filled with the unique and mouth-watering cookie butter taste you love.
(Oldie But Goodie: This post first appeared on The Unlikely Baker on May 2, 2016. I’ve given it fresh pictures, a shiny new video and an updated recipe. Enjoy!)
Just like the jar says – you have to taste it to understand cookie butter. I don’t quite know how to describe it – it’s kind of like a marriage between peanut butter and caramel that tastes like gingerbread and butter cookies.
What I do know is that these cookie butter blondies are to-die for. They are so good that before you know it, you’ve eaten several slices.
And they go straight to your thighs.
That makes them evil (so beware).
But you know what? Totally worth it.
Cookie butter love
Penotti and Biscoff are more widely available here in Canada but our favourite brand is Speculoos from Trader Joe’s. We love it so much it’s one of the things we
hoard keep a zombie apocalypse stockpile of buy a lot of when we cross the border.
I’ve used it as filling and frosting for cupcakes a few times. So I thought it would most likely work really well incorporated in a brownie or a cheesecake too.
So the recipe hunt begins. And this cookie butter blondie recipe that I found results in a bar that’s just as I imagined it would be – moist, chewy and with cookie butter goodness oozing from every bite.
The white chocolate chips add texture and a very distinct flavour that pairs perfectly with that awesome cookie butter taste. It’s very easy to make too. No electric mixer required.
Cookie butter blondies
In case you don’t know what a blondie is (I know I didn’t; I had to Google what it was when I found this recipe) – they are, technically, butterscotch-flavored brownies (and both brownies and blondies fall under the category of bars).
Could cookie butter be a kind of butterscotch then? The mystery (or maybe just my confusion) deepens. Ah well. Just bake these blondies and enjoy.
Perfect with tea, for bake sales, as a snack, as a reward at the end of a workday.
Watch how-to video
Check out the video to see how quick and easy it is to make these. Enjoy! We can exercise later.
Soft and Chewy Cookie Butter Blondies
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 pc large egg room temperature
- 1 pc egg yolk from a large egg room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cookie butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x9 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/8 teaspoon baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir 3/4 cup brown sugar and 5 tablespoons melted butter until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk the egg and egg yolk together and stir into the butter mixture. Then add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 cup cookie butter. Stir until smooth and no big lumps remain.
- Using a spatula, fold your flour mixture into your cookie butter mixture a third at a time. Do not over mix.
- Fold in 1 cup white chocolate chips. The batter is going to be thick. This is OK.
- Transfer and evenly spread the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or just when they are beginning to brown at the edges and peel away from the sides of the pan. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Nutritional information are estimates only.
(This recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction).
If peanut butter is more up your alley, here are treats for you:
Did you make these cookie butter blondies? Tell me about it in the comments section below. I’d love to hear all about it.
Or subscribe so you don’t miss a recipe. I promise I don’t spam (I hate spam too).
Do you want to improve your food photography, monetize your blog or start your very own food blog? Check out my Blogging Resources.