This white chocolate tart has a chocolate Oreo cookie crust, a creamy white chocolate mascarpone filling and a fresh raspberry topping. Easy to make, no bake, so good.
(Love the combination of white chocolate and raspberries? Try these white chocolate raspberry cupcakes or these raspberry white chocolate cookies. They’re perfect for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, Mother’s Day or everyday!)
This raspberry white chocolate tart is one of my favourite things to make.
Dark and white chocolate combined with mascarpone cheese provide the perfect backdrop to gorgeous raspberries.
It’s quick and easy to make, too. No baking, just mixing and chilling.
The hardest part? Waiting. Let’s get to it.
Why you’ll love making this white chocolate tart recipe
I make this tart most often when raspberries are in season and in great abundance but since they’re usually available year-round these days, this makes for an awesome dessert any time of the year.
And you’ll love making this recipe because:
- It’s a no-bake tart. You don’t have to turn on your oven for this one. Simply combine your ingredients, allow the tart to set in the fridge, and serve.
- You can customize easily. No raspberries? No problem. You can substitute with strawberries, blueberries and even sugared cranberries. Not in the mood for a white chocolate fruit tart? Make a dark chocolate ganache and top the tart with that. The possibilities are endless.
- It looks stunning. Whatever topping you end up using, your tart will look very impressive. Nobody will ever suspect it took all of 2 seconds to prepare! Serve it to company, surprise loved ones on their birthday, add it to your baby shower or bridal shower menu.
How to make
This tart is bursting with white chocolate flavour. But dark chocolate fans, don’t despair. The crust balances out the sweetness of the white chocolate. I love drizzling dark chocolate over the tart too.
To make it, you’ll need:
- Oreo cookie crumbs — I use pre-crushed crumbs but you can also buy the cookies and crush them yourself or pulse them in the food processor
- Unsalted butter
- Heavy cream — heavy cream has at least 36% milk fat content. In a pinch, you can use whipping cream with 30-35% milk fat content but know that your tart will not set as firmly
- Mascarpone cheese — buy full fat mascarpone as much as possible
- Granulated sugar
- White chocolate — use baking white chocolate and not white chocolate chips
I use my stand mixer to make the filling but a handheld electric mixer would work well too.
In addition, you’ll need a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
This tart will stick so a removable bottom is important. If you don’t have one, you can use a small pie dish and just make a white chocolate pie!
Easy recipe with step-by-step photos
First thing you’ll want to do is work on your crust.
Combine all ingredients until evenly moist. Transfer to your tart pan and press firmly onto the bottom and up the sides. Chill while you prepare your filling
Beat heavy cream, mascarpone cheese and sugar until you get medium-stiff peaks. Add melted white chocolate and fold.
Transfer the filling to your tart pan and spread evenly. Top with fresh raspberries and chill for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight. That’s it!
How to melt white chocolate
My favourite way to melt white chocolate is by microwave.
- Place chopped white chocolate (chopped roughly the same size) in a microwave-safe bowl
- Microwave for 30 seconds
- Repeat until the chocolate is completely melted, smooth and creamy
How to make mini tarts or tartlets
You can use this same recipe to make mini tarts or tartlets. You simply need to use mini tart pans, or you can set them up in cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
It depends on how big (or small) you make them but the batter should be good enough for at least 12 tarts the size of regular-sized cupcakes.
Best way to wash raspberries
I find fresh raspberries tricky to wash because they’re very delicate and fragile and when I place them under running water they tend to fall apart.
Instead, I mix 1 part white vinegar with 3 parts water in a bowl, place the raspberries there, and gently swirl them around for a couple of minutes.
Then I drain and repeat with just water.
I then lay them flat on a paper towel to dry. It’s important to use washed but dry raspberries in this recipe because soggy fruit will just make a mess of things!
Compared to cream cheese, mascarpone tastes richer, is creamier and has a higher milk fat content. But if you have trouble finding mascarpone, cream cheese will work in a pinch. Just expect a slightly tangy taste that cream cheese is known for.
I don’t recommend using frozen raspberries or other frozen fruit in this recipe because they will release too much liquid and become soggy as they thaw. What you can do is leave your white chocolate tart without toppings and serve frozen fruit on the side.
You can use any kind of cookie crumbs you like! I do find that using dark chocolate for the crust complements the white chocolate mascarpone filling so well.
Kept in the fridge, this tart is best eaten the next day, and good up to 3 days. Remember, too, that your tart is only as good as long as your berries remain fresh.
Other white chocolate desserts
If you love white chocolate desserts, you’ll enjoy these:
- White Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
- White Chocolate Blackberry Muffins
- Ube Cookies with White Chocolate Chips
- Matcha and White Chocolate Cheesecake
And if you love white chocolate and Oreos together, you’ll enjoy this white chocolate Oreo fudge from Kelli over at 3 Boys and a Dog!
Did you make no bake white chocolate tart? I’d love to hear from you in the comments section below.
And let’s get social! Find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
No Bake White Chocolate Tart with Raspberry and Mascarpone
For the Chocolate Crust:
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs see notes
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted and allowed to cool sightly
- pinch salt
For the White Chocolate Mascarpone Filling:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 7 oz mascarpone cheese
- 3 tsp granulated sugar
- 3.5 oz white chocolate melted and cooled to room temperature
For the Fruit Topping:
- 2-3 cups fresh raspberries depends on the size of your berries
For the Chocolate Crust:
- Grease a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- In a small bowl, stir Oreo cookie crumbs, melted butter and a pinch of salt until the mixture is evenly moist.
- Transfer the mixture to your tart pan and evenly press onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Make sure to really pack it in.
- Chill for at least an hour before you start preparing your filling.
For the White Chocolate Mascarpone Filling:
- Using a handheld electric mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat heavy cream, mascarpone cheese and sugar to medium-stiff peaks.
- Stir melted white chocolate until smooth and incorporated.
- Pour to prepared crust and spread evenly.
- Cover the top with fresh raspberries and chill for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- I use pre-crushed Oreo cookie crumbs but you can certainly buy the cookies and crush them yourself.
- Make sure your melted white chocolate has come down to room temperature before adding to your mascarpone mixture. If it’s too warm, the chocolate will seize.
- Also, make sure your raspberries have been washed and properly dried before placing on top of your tart.
- See post for more tips and FAQs.
Nutritional information are estimates only.
Love a no-bake dessert and this tart recipe is my new favorite!
Glad you like it Linda!
Made this for Valentine and it was fabulous. We ate half at the get go! The filling didn’t set as firmly as we’d hoped though. Any ideas?
Hi Ilona, glad you liked it! To make sure the filling sets properly, I make sure my cream mascarpone mixture is whipped stiff and I allow the tart enough time to chill.
This is not only a beautiful dessert but sounds absolutely delicious! Can’t wait to give it a try and share with my friends.
I am all about the no bake desserts. This looks yummy.
I love no bakes during this time of year! Not too mention we have 2 raspberries in the garden that would be a perfect addition to this!
Oh my yum! I love fresh raspberries and I can only imagine how great they are in this recipe. I’ll have to give this a try.
This looks like a perfect treat for easy summer living! I especially love that you don’t have to turn on the oven on an already-hot day. I adore raspberries and dark chocolate, but am not a big white chocolate fan…but I trust you when you say everything balances out in the end!
This Tart looks absolutely incredible! I love the raspberry and white chocolate flavor combination, and the fact that it’s “no bake” is a definite plus during the warm weather months.
Raspberries and white chocolate is one of my top favourite flavour combinations they just work so well together! And yes, definitely no turning the oven on when it feels like 36C outside 🙂
I am all about no bake recipes, especially now in the summer! That crust looks so delicious and that filling! Oh my!
I must say, that cookie crust is yummy! A great balance to all the white chocolate sweetness of the filling 🙂
John saw this before I did, and he told me all about it. He was right, it looks amazing! This would be gone in less than a day at our house. Pretty sure we’ll be making this sometime soon. By the way, your photos are gorgeous (as usual). 🙂
Hi Kim! Thanks 🙂 It’s super easy to make, even easier to eat lol. Hope you guys are having a phenomenal summer!
Mmm! I am definitely saving this recipe to try out! I am such a huge fan of white chocolate. Love that this is no bake too, the house is soooo hot!
Our A/C is on nonstop too! I’m sure we’ll regret it in the winter but it’s just stifling lol!! Hope you like the tart Chloe!
This looks SO delish–even more so because it has an Oreo crust!! Mmm!
This looks heavenly! Mascarpone cream is my new favorite thing, I could eat it all 🙂
This looks delicious! No bake recipes are my fav during the hot and humid summer months. Definitely going to give this one a try! 🙂
This recipe looks amazing! I love the combination of ingredients. Plus, raspberries are my favorite, especially this time of year. Thanks for sharing!