This peach caprese salad is a wonderful, summery twist to the traditional caprese. With summer-ripe peaches and a balsamic reduction vinaigrette, it’s light, bright, perfect on a summer day.
You know it’s summer when you can smell peaches everywhere! And this peach caprese salad is a great way to eat more of them.
Take your favourite caprese salad – tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and basil – add ripe peaches and sprinkle with a perfectly sweet and tart balsamic reduction. Delicious!
Peach caprese salad from the Magnolia Table cookbook
Do you watch Fixer-Upper on HGTV? We’re more Netflix people actually but when we were house-hunting, we were glued to HGTV all day. And we became obsessed with Chip and Joana from Fixer-Upper (those were gorgeous homes!).
Anyway, when I heard she came out with a cookbook of course I snagged it (of course). She has a recipe for peach caprese salad where she replaced tomatoes with peaches. When we tried it though, we kinda missed the sweetness of the tomatoes.
So I made my own version with both peaches and tomatoes and using Red’s balsamic reduction.
Peach caprese salad
The result is caprese salad but that much better. It’s really very simple:
Take ripe but firm peaches, mozzarella, tomatoes (we used cherry tomatoes because we like it sweet but you can also use normal tomatoes), fresh basil and put it all together.
Traditionally, caprese salad is arranged oh so formally (you can see I made a tremendous amount of effort in some of the photos here lol!) but IRL, we just toss them all together in a bowl.
Then we drizzle the salad with some balsamic reduction and extra virgin olive oil.
How to make balsamic reduction
Making balsamic reduction is easy too:
Combine balsamic vinegar with some honey in a saucepan on high heat until the mixture boils. Lower the heat to a simmer until the liquid reduces to about half in volume.
Use the best ingredients
For simple recipes like this, there’s really nowhere to hide so my only tip would be to find the best and freshest ingredients you can.
Splurge on some fresh mozzarella cheese. Buy that nice bottle of EVOO. Pick the best and freshest peaches.
This peach caprese salad is a delight and we deserve it every day this summer!
Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Reduction
For the balsamic reduction:
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
For the salad:
- 2 pcs ripe but firm peaches pitted and sliced into wedges
- 7 oz mozarella cheese cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1/2 lb cherry tomatoes (about 20 pieces) sliced in half
- bunch fresh basil sliced or served whole
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan on high heat, combine 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar and 2 tbsp honey and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and cook until the liquid reduces to about half its original volume (about 20 minutes). Stir occasionally. Remove from heat, transfer to a heat proof container and allow to cool completely.
- In a salad plate or bowl, toss together pieces of peaches, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and basil. Drizzle with balsamic reduction and extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Did you make peach caprese salad? What’s your favourite summer salad? I’d love to hear from you in the comments section below.
Check out these easy and delicious peach desserts:
Or subscribe so you don’t miss a recipe. I promise I don’t spam (I hate spam too).
Do you want to improve your food photography, monetize your blog or start your very own food blog? Check out my Blogging Resources.