Mini Easter cheesecakes is an easy dessert for Easter that’s fun to make and even funner to eat! Easy, no-bake, make-ahead, no-fail recipe that’s fit for a crowd.
(Looking for an easy Easter dessert for kids? Make a batch of these chocolate cornflake clusters. The kids can even help you make them!)
Easter is such an important event for us because, among other things, it’s the first major holiday of the the new year after a long (long) winter.
So on Easter, we usher in spring and sunshine and flowers and warmer weather. Regardless of your religious beliefs, those are things definitely worth celebrating!
Chocolates (in mini eggs, Easter eggs, or any form) are the preferred Easter treat. I don’t know why that is, but I’m on board with that! And these mini Easter cheesecakes are filled with it.
Plus, these mini cheesecakes are no-bake so you don’t need to worry about water baths and cracking and all the stress that comes with baking a cheesecake. Watch the video, it’s such an easy recipe!
Good thing too because it will be gone in a flash. You’ll definitely want to make more.
How to make mini Easter cheesecakes
Making these Easter cheesecakes is so easy. Use pastel or Easter-themed M&Ms for an extra boost of fun and colour.
1. MAKE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST. In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, melted butter and salt until the mixture resembles wet sand.
2. TRANSFER CRUST TO PAN. Scoop about 2 heaping tablespoons of crust into each cavity of your mini cheesecake pan and press firmly to the bottom. If you don’t have a mini cheesecake pan, you can use a regular muffin pan lined with cupcake liners. Set this aside while you make your cheesecake filling.
3. MAKE CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE. In a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer or using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla extract until smooth and incorporated.
4. ADD WHIPPED CREAM AND CHOCOLATES. Fold heavy cream that’s been whipped to stiff peaks. Then fold Easter M&Ms. If you can’t find Easter or pastel M&Ms, regular M&Ms will do just fine.
5. TRANSFER TO PAN. Transfer your cream cheese mixture to your pan and smoothen the tops.
6. CHILL AND ENJOY. Chill the cheesecakes overnight. Un-mold the cheesecakes from the pan and to serve, top with more whipped cream and chocolate.
Ingredients for this easy cheesecake recipe
To make these no-bake Easter cheesecakes, you’ll need basic baking and pantry staples:
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
- Sour cream
- Heavy cream
Tools you need to make mini cheesecakes
You can easily make these cute Easter desserts using your handheld electric mixer (like I do in the video) though I like using my stand mixer to whip the heavy cream.
I also love using my mini cheesecake pan because the mini cheesecakes come out so nice and professional. If you like baking a lot of mini cheesecakes I say go for it, it’s a worthwhile investment.
If not, I really wouldn’t bother because it’s a little pricey for something you won’t use all the time. And a regular muffin pan lined with cupcake liners works too.
Easter cheesecake recipe tips for success
No-bake cheesecakes are some of the easiest desserts you can make. They’re low maintenance but taste just as delicious as their baked counterparts!
To make the process easier just remember:
- Use room temperature ingredients. This will result to a smoother cheesecake and quicker mixing time.
- Use full-fat heavy cream (fat content between 36 and 40%). They whip better and provide better structure and stability for your cheesecakes.
- Pack the crust in tightly. A common issue I have with no-bake mini cheesecakes is that sometimes the crust crumbles when I take them out of the pan. So first I make sure that the mixture is well combined before transferring to the pan. We don’t want dry pieces of graham crackers in there. Second, I make sure to pack it in tightly on the bottom of the pan using a shot glass, a teaspoon or my fingers.
- Chill overnight. Sometimes no-bake cheesecakes look ready after just 2 hours in the fridge. But don’t take the chance of taking it out too early or it will collapse. Better plan ahead so that the cheesecake can chill properly (overnight or about 8 hours) so you have perfect little desserts the next day.
More Easter desserts recipes
No-bake mini Easter cheesecakes are just so colourful and fun. Easy to make and they contain no eggs and no gelatin too. Hope you like them!
If you’re looking for more yummy treats to serve on this special occasion, try these other no-bake desserts.
Filipinos love refrigerator cakes (sometimes called graham cracker cakes or icebox cakes) because they’re so easy to make and they’re nice and cold!
If you want to stick to cheesecakes, you will love this no-bake lemon cheesecake. Light, creamy, lemony cheesecake on an Oreo cookie crust.
This no-churn blackberry lavender ice cream is delicious as it is pretty. Creamy, delightful hint of lavender, you don’t need an ice cream machine to make it.
And if you’re looking for stunning cakes to welcome spring and celebrate Easter, check out this delicious recipe round-up.
Mini Easter Cheesecakes (No-Bake)
For the graham cracker crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- pinch salt
For the cream cheese filling:
- 1 8-oz block cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream whipped to stiff peaks
- 1 cup M&Ms chocolate roughly chopped or crushed
- If you're using a mini cheesecake pan, lightly spray the bottom of each cavity with cooking spray. If you're using a muffin pan, line each cavity with a cupcake liner. Set aside.
- To make the crust, in a large bowl, combine 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, 2 tbsp granulated sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter and a pinch salt. Stir until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Scoop about 2 heaping tablespoons of crust into each cavity of your mini cheesecake pan or muffin pan and press firmly to the bottom. Set aside while you make your cheesecake filling.
- In a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer or using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract until smooth and incorporated.
- Fold your whipped cream until incorporated.
- Next fold your crushed M&M chocolate until combined and evenly distributed.
- Transfer your cream cheese mixture to your pan and smoothen the tops.
- Chill the cheesecakes overnight. Un-mold the cheesecakes from the pan and to serve, top with more whipped cream and chocolate.
- The yield may vary according to the kind of pan you use.
- See the post for the complete step-by-step photos and tips for making perfect no-bake cheesecakes every time.
Nutritional information are estimates only.
Did you make mini Easter cheesecakes? I’d love to hear from you in the comments section below.