Frozen yogurt granola cups are cold, refreshing and good for you. The perfect summer snacks! Made with just 2 basic ingredients but customizable in so many ways, they’re fun to make and even funner to eat.
Made with homemade granola (you can use your favourite store brand), Greek yogurt (you can use your favourite kind of yogurt) and your optional choice of mix-ins, you know they’re healthy so you can snack on ‘em all summer long without the guilt!
What are glassine paper cups?
You know how regular cupcake liners feel like paper? Glassine cupcake liners feel closer to wax paper – it’s smoother and shinier. Think: candy wrapper.
They are perfect for things like chocolate (they’re what I use for my Dried Mango Chocolate Bites) because they won’t stick.
And they’re what I recommend here.
While normal cupcake liners would work, you’d need to carefully unwrap the granola cups out of them and make sure to get all the paper off. With glassine, they slide right out.
How to make frozen yogurt granola cups
That’s really the hardest decision you’re going to have to make when making these. Everything else is easy peasy.
Take granola and Greek yogurt then layer them in the cups. You can stop there and be perfectly happy!
Customize your frozen yogurt cups
Or you can choose to mix fruit compote, curd or jam with the yogurt or simply sweeten it with honey. Then you can you top the cups with your favourite berries, nuts or whatever else you have on hand.
Put the cups in the freezer and after a couple hours, you have delicious, healthy, yogurt cups that you can bite into, spoon out of a bowl or eat however you want!
Grab and go breakfast
These frozen yogurt cups are great for breakfast too. Make them the night before and literally grab and go the next day. Easy! Have a wonderful day!
Frozen Yogurt Granola Cups
- 1 ½ cups granola
- 2 cups Greek yogurt or your yogurt of choice
- Line a 12-cup cupcake or muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Place equal amounts of granola in each cup. Top with yogurt (see note 1) and freeze for 2-4 hours or until the yogurt is frozen (see note 2).
- To add flavour to your yogurt, you can add your favourite jam, fruit curd or honey to taste. Just stir into your yogurt until incorporated.
- Optional toppings include: berries, seasonal fruit, nuts, even chocolate! You can add them before you freeze the yogurt cups or before you serve/eat them.
Nutritional information are estimates only.
Did you make frozen yogurt granola cups? What’s your favourite summer snack? I’d love to hear from you in the comments section below.
Check out these easy and delicious recipes made with yogurt:
- If you’re looking for an everyday cake, this easy yogurt cake is it. Easy to make, even easier to eat! Dress it up with whipped cream and your favourite fruits or eat it plain with your morning coffee. It’s a treat we deserve every day of the week.
- These white chocolate blackberry muffins have Greek yogurt in them and they’re great for breakfast, afternoon snack or those midnight cravings.
Or subscribe so you don’t miss a recipe. I promise I don’t spam (I hate spam too).