This no-bake pumpkin cheesecake bursts with the flavours of fall. From the sweet and zesty gingersnap crust to the creamy pumpkin filling. And it’s so easy to make too. Watch the video to see how easy!
Fall is just around the corner and what better way to welcome it than with this creamy, delicious, no-bake pumpkin cheesecake? It’s a breeze to make and filled with the flavours of fall.
It’s so good I don’t feel so sad about summer ending anymore! Fall, here we come.
How to make your own whipped cream
Like so many no-bake cheesecakes (like this No Bake Mango Cheesecake – also with video), whipped cream is a base ingredient in this recipe. Unlike a lot of the recipes though, I don’t use the ready-made whipped cream you can buy in a tub.
Why? When you compare the two, there is a world of difference in terms of flavour and texture. Plus, it’s so easy to make at home. Three ingredients and 15 minutes is all you need.
Of course, you can always buy the tub but try to make your own whipped cream; I promise you won’t look back.
How to soften cream cheese quickly
If you’ll notice in the video, there are specks of white in my cheesecake filling. That’s cream cheese. And that’s a result of me being a very impatient baker.
It really doesn’t affect the taste but if you want a more luxurious batter without those little specks, soften your cream cheese properly. Leave it out on the counter for about an hour before you plan to use it.
If you’re like me who forgets to bring it out in time, there’s a quicker way: place a block of unwrapped cream cheese on a microwave-safe plate or bowl and nuke it on high for 10-15 seconds.
Don’t overdo it though. You want it softened and not melted.
You’d know it’s done when you gently press your thumb onto the cream cheese and it gives way easily with no resistance. If it’s still firm, warm it a little more (try in increments of 5 seconds).
How to make no-bake pumpkin cheesecake
Once that’s out of the way, you can make your cheesecake. And it couldn’t be easier.
Just mix everything together, fold your whipped cream then transfer to your crust. Chill and enjoy!
How to make gingersnap crust
Something needs to be said about that gingersnap crust. It is fantastic!
But if you don’t care for the zing, you can always opt out of the candied ginger. It really does add a nice texture and flavour to the cheesecake though so I hope you try it.
Recipes for Thanksgiving breakfast
Planning a thanksgiving brunch or breakfast? Add these to your spread and wow your guests. They would never suspect how easy these are to make!
No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
For the Gingersnap Crust
- 2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies about 45 cookies
- 1/4 cup chopped candied ginger optional
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- pinch salt
For the Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- 1 8-oz block cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree see note
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground all-spice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped to stiff peaks
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir all crust ingredients until evenly moist (resembling wet sand). Transfer to your prepared pan. Use a spoon or the bottom of a glass to pack the crust firmly and evenly on the bottom of the pan. Chill while you prepare the filling.
- Using an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat all cheesecake ingredients (except heavy cream) until smooth and incorporated. Fold in your whipped cream until combined. Transfer to your pan and smoothen the top with a spatula.
- Chill 6-8 hours, preferably overnight.
Did you make no-bake pumpkin cheesecake? What about the gingersnap crust? I’d love to hear from you in the comments section below.
Or subscribe so you don’t miss a recipe. I promise I don’t spam (I hate spam too).
Do you want to improve your food photography, monetize your blog or start your very own food blog? Check out my Blogging Resources.