Sweet cherry vanilla milkshake – as simple and delicious as it gets! No frills, no crazy toppings. Just milk, vanilla ice cream, sweet cherries. Yum.
(Have a boatload of fresh cherries? Make chocolate cherry bundt cake. An easy, delicious snacking cake but also so pretty you can serve it to company!)
I love sweet cherries. I usually make roasted cherry choco chip ice cream but this year I chose to take the
lazy simpler route and made cherry vanilla milkshake instead.
And lemme tell you. This milkshake brings the boys to my yard lol.
Fresh, sweet, refreshing. Bursting with sweet cherry flavour.
Takes all of 15 minutes to prepare too.
How to make sweet cherry vanilla milkshake
It’s really simple to make: take milk, ice cream and cherries. Blend. Slurp!
Sounds like my fresh mango mousse? Why, yes. My blender and I are usually BFFs during TUB’s No Bake Summer.
How’s your summer going so far? Splendidly I hope! Can you believe it’s August?! Anyway.
What’s the best kind of ice cream to use for milkshakes?
Although it is very simple to make milkshakes, there is still some science behind making the perfect milkshake.
For example, what kind of ice cream do you like to use? Do you use the ice cream flavour of the milkshake you’re making? Next time, try opting for vanilla ice cream instead (I personally like using french vanilla for that added oomph.)
It’s a great base for all the mind-blowing milkshake flavours you’re cooking up. Making chocolate milkshake? Do vanilla ice cream + chocolate syrup or cocoa powder. Strawberry? Vanilla ice cream + frozen strawberries.
With vanilla ice cream, it’s hard to go wrong. And BTW, it’s best to soften your ice cream a little bit before scooping it into the blender vs. straight out of the fridge.
What’s the perfect ratio of ice-cream and milk for milkshakes?
Now how about the ratio of milk to ice cream? There is none. As master milkshake makers would tell you, it’s all about adjusting and re-adjusting according to taste and consistency.
Milkshakes are traditionally thick and creamy so you really only need very little milk. In this recipe, I put ¼ cup and that’s considered a lot.
Remember: as the ice cream melts, your milkshake becomes runnier so try not to add too much milk if you think your milkshake is too thick. If you must, do so at about a teaspoon at a time.
And nope, don’t even think about adding cream. Unless you want to make butter in your blender!
Can I use frozen cherries?
Since I freeze the fresh cherries anyway, you may be wondering if you can use frozen cherries instead of fresh. Yes, absolutely.
But again, since it’s summer and beautiful cherries are everywhere, go crazy with fresh cherries! I usually buy lots and lots when they’re in season and freeze some of them so I can enjoy them the whole year.
But this year, this summer, today, I am going to enjoy my cherry vanilla milkshake. Hope you do too. Cheers!
Did you make sweet cherry vanilla milkshake? What’s your favourite recipe from our No Bake Summer Series so far? I’d love to hear from you in the comments section below.
Ferrero Rocher milkshake is also a delicious and decadent shake that’s perfect for dessert or a snack!
Here are more refreshing summer recipes for you:
- Strawberry cheesecake mousse – cold, refreshing and bursting with the wonderful flavours of fresh strawberries.
- Apple buko salad is a fresh take on a classic Filipino dessert. Made with young coconuts and apples, it’s sweet, tangy, red, green, delicious.
- Satisfy your sweet and salty cravings with delicious cantaloupe feta cheese salad. Fresh, refreshing, scrumptious and takes no time at all.
- Frozen yogurt granola cups are cold, refreshing and good for you. The perfect summer snacks.
Sweet Cherry Vanilla Milkshake
- ¼ cup milk chilled
- 3 heaping scoops vanilla ice cream softened just a little bit
- 1 cup cherries pitted, halved and frozen
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- You can substitute any kind of milk although full fat works best. If you need to add more milk, do so 1 teaspoon at a time (see my tips in the post).
- There are different sizes of ice cream scoops – start with 3 scoops and adjust from there.
- Freeze your fresh cherries and chill your milk at least 30 minutes before using them.
Nutritional information are estimates only.