We recently bought an electric grill – every year we plan on buying one and every year we put it off thinking we’ll buy a proper one when we move to a house with a backyard.
That went out the window when we saw (and smelled) one of our neighbours grilling one day so we finally gave in. And holy smokes we’ve been barbecuing our heads off ever since.
While we love burgers (specifically, aloha burgers…so good!) and ribs as much as the next condo dweller, we adore grilled vegetables.
Which is why I am very happy to be working with Frontier Co-op for this recipe. They are a company that is committed not only to product quality but to sustainability and ethical trade as well.
I especially love their Organic Crushed Red Chilli Peppers. It works so well in pizzas, scrambled eggs and yes, grilled vegetables!
And it makes this grilled corn on the cob so amazing you won’t go back to regular grilled corn again.
How to grill corn: husk on or husk off?
Different people grill corn differently.
We like to grill the corn in the husk until it’s cooked, remove the husk, then put it back on the grill for a few minutes for those rustic grill marks. We get juicy, lovely grilled corn every time.
Some people remove the husk and then grill. Some people like to boil the corn first, then grill. Whatever works for you.
How to make chili butter
Because what makes this grilled corn amazing is the chili butter.
It’s quick and easy: mix melted butter and Frontier Co-op’s Organic Crushed Red Chili Peppers before you even start your grill. Allow time for the flavours to really combine.
Your chili butter solidified? No worries. Just 10 seconds in the microwave, a quick stir and you’re back in business.
Grilled corn on the cob with chili butter
Brush your chili butter on your corn. Finish it off with some fresh lime juice, grated parmesan cheese and more crushed red chili peppers.
What you’ll have is a simple but absolutely delicious side dish that might just steal the BBQ show!
And crushed red chili peppers don’t just work wonders on grilled corn. We’ve tried it on grilled romaine lettuce and grilled bell peppers and it’s awesome too.
So go ahead and #SpiceUpSummer produce with savoury spices from Frontier Co-op!
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Chili Butter
- ½ cup salted butter melted
- 1 tbsp Frontier Co-op Organic Crushed Red Chilli Peppers plus more for sprinkling
- 6 ears sweet corn we prefer to keep them in the husk when grilling
- 1 pc lime
- grated parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Stir 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 tablespoon crushed chili peppers until combined. Set aside.
- Set your grill to medium-high heat and grill corn until cooked (it takes us about 30 minutes for 6 ears of corn).
- Brush a generous amount of chili butter on each cooked corn. Squeeze fresh lime juice on top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and more crushed chili peppers. Enjoy while warm.
- If your butter solidifies, simply microwave for about 10 seconds and stir.
- We grill corn in the husk, remove the husk then put the corn back on the grill for a few minutes per side to get grill marks. You don't have to do it this way. Grill corn however way you're used to grilling corn.
Nutritional information are estimates only.
Did you try this grilled corn on the cob with chili butter? I’d love to hear from you in the comments section below.
We are having a fantastic No Bake Summer Series. Check out some of the recipes we have so far:
Or subscribe so you don’t miss a recipe. I promise I don’t spam (I hate spam too).
Do you want to improve your food photography, monetize your blog or start your very own food blog? Check out my Blogging Resources.