Perfectly sweet and tangy, luxuriously smooth and silky, every bite of this creamy Meyer lemon pie is a burst of bright and vibrant citrus flavour. Rich and so refreshing, it’s awesome with tea or as an end to a lovely meal.
Did you know that Canada has two “celebrity” groundhogs? Ontario has Wiarton Willie while Nova Scotia has Shubenacadie Sam (how awesome are those names?). Last week on Groundhog Day they both predicted an early spring. I’m still wary though – Sam predicted the same last year and winter dragged on for months (months!). That and they’re groundhogs lol!
So I am arming myself with the best cure for winter blues that I know – lemons, of course! Lemons (and other citrus fruits) are at their best in the winter and are really one of the few things I like about the season. They’re sunshine on a plate!
Meyer lemons, especially. A cross between regular lemons and mandarin oranges, they are juicy, less acidic and sweeter. And Meyer lemons shine in this creamy Meyer lemon pie. So easy to do and so delicious, it’s sure to chase the winter blues away, no matter how long the groundhogs say winter is staying.
Meyer lemon season
Unlike normal lemons, which are available all year, Meyer lemons only appear in shelves between November and March. Sometimes the window is even smaller than that! So as soon as I see them, I grab a bag (ok, two) and go on a Meyer lemon frenzy.
All these recipes were made with Meyer lemons (can you tell I’m a super fan?):
Creamy Meyer lemon pie
A lovely addition to my Meyer lemon arsenal, this creamy Meyer lemon pie is a dream. It’s so easy to make – the hardest thing is waiting for it to set!
Coconut cookie crust
Since it worked so well in my Best Lemon Cheesecake recipe (have you tried it? So good!), I did a similar crust for this pie – graham crackers and coconut. That flavour profile just works so well with the lemony filling.
Sweet and tangy
Which is the perfect balance between sweet and tangy. And did I mention it was so creamy? It melts in your mouth. Just wonderful!
How about it? Let’s get through these last few weeks (or months) of winter together with this creamy Meyer lemon pie.
Dreamy Creamy Meyer Lemon Pie
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1/8 tsp salt
For the Filling:
- 2 10-oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice see notes
- Zest of 1 Meyer lemon
- Lemon whipped cream see notes
- Toasted shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, 6 tablespoons melted butter and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Stir until evenly moist. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir 2 cans sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 cup sour cream, 3/4 cup lemon juice and lemon zest until thoroughly combined.
- To ensure the smoothest filling, sift your filling into your pie dish through a fine mesh sieve to get rid of lumps.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until you see small bubbles forming on the sides. Allow to cool slightly before chilling in the fridge so it can set completely, preferably overnight.
- Serve with lemon whipped cream and toasted shredded coconut.
Did you make this creamy Meyer lemon pie? How did it go? Tell me about it in the comments section below. I’d love to hear all about it.
If you like pies but not as big a fan of lemon as I am (but why?), you’ll find other pie recipes here.
And just a friendly reminder: Valentine’s Day is around the corner! Planning to surprise someone with a really special breakfast? Check out this ultimate list of breakfast ideas. You’re sure to find a recipe here your loved one would love!
Or subscribe so you don’t miss a recipe. I promise I don’t spam (I hate spam too).
Do you want to improve your food photography, monetize your blog or start your very own food blog? Check out my Blogging Resources.